Helping families and others cope with the sudden, unexpected death of an infant or toddler, while raising awareness, providing education and supporting research regarding sudden, unexpected infant and toddler death, including SIDS, SUID, SUDC, miscarriage and stillbirth loss.
Counseling and Support
Offer compassionate and professional bereavement counseling and support services at no charge to families, caregivers and others that are impacted by the sudden, unexpected death of an infant or toddler, including SIDS, SUID, SUDC, miscarriage and stillbirth.
Education and Awareness
Keep babies and toddlers healthy by awareness, prevention and risk reduction education to the Colorado community.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide every Colorado family experiencing the sudden, unexpected death of an infant or toddler with a personal contact soon after we are notified of the death, along with informational packets containing appropriate literature regarding the death and bereavement issues.
- Provide professional case management, information and support services in a culturally competent and linguistically appropriate manner to those affected by sudden, unexpected infant or toddler death throughout the next two years following the death and longer if needed.
- Provide accurate and culturally competent information and education to the Colorado community regarding SIDS and other sudden, unexpected infant and toddler deaths.
- Provide accurate data regarding these deaths in Colorado; determine trends that might reflect areas of program or educational needs.
- Provide sufficient operating funds to support program operations through fundraising, grants, individual donations and corporate donations.